Saturday, June 4, 2016

When an ADVOCATE weeps.

When an ADVOCATE weeps............................
I remember one of my programs on Child Sexual Abuse. It's theme: The Cost of Silence versus The Cost of Speaking Out."
I had cause to think about it yet again but this time in the light of Sexual Harassment against a fellow Advocate.
I cannot but wonder why..................................
"We have have heard of sexual harassment.
We have heard and seen some speak out.
We have cursed
Questioned
Doubted
Blamed the ones whom r brave to speak out.
We live in a world where the victims r blamed.
Many women have experienced abused but r too ashamed or scared to speak out.
Some keep it in for years until they can't anymore.
Sometimes the attackers even twist the story around to blackmail the victim.
Stay tune as I bring u a daily journal of what I would call.
"30 days inside the head of a victim"
I have pegged it to 30 days because I think it might take 30 days to bounce back but who knows.
God help me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment